Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pottery Sale December 20th 2009

Hello everyone! It has been a very long time since I have posted. I have been busy with teaching classes and also the everyday surprising things that come about in life. This fall I did get a chance to get into the studio and work on my own work. I had a pottery sale at Changing Hands Bookstore in November and it was successful. It was nice to hear feedback about my new work. Thank you to all who came out and supported me. I will be having a sale December 20th 10-4 at Changing Hands Bookstore 6428 S. McClintock Dr. Tempe, Arizona so come and say hi and check out my new work. Also, know you can also purchase my work at Made in Phoenix. Thanks again and hope to see you all soon!


These cynliders are a project I undertook this fall that I really enjoyed. I read an article in Ceramics Monthly about an artist who works on this form and fires them in a wood kiln. I tried to put my own personal touch to these cynliders and I fired them in a high fire gas kiln.
The bowls were a special request from a friend who wanted chili bowls. She requested jamaica clay. It fires this nice black color, which I left exposed on purpose. I glazed the inside oasis blue to hold her nice recipe for chili. In the past I have not used this clay much, but I enjoyed it.

1 comment:

melississippi said...

i thought you were going out of town by then! well i hope your sale goes well and we would stop by but we're flying back from seattle that day :(