Tuesday, April 14, 2009

NCECA WEEK!


At ASU I visited the Harry Wood Gallery in the Art Building and saw two excellent shows. The image to the left is a show called Elevation Gain by Darien Johnson. The images on the pieces are detailed and carry a story all around the whole piece. The second show is called Mise en Place by Christian Tonsgard. In his artist statement he said that Mise en Place translated means to put in place. This artist created an environment that I wanted to crawl into and enjoy his ceramics in my daily life.





I visited the ASU library and I was pleasantly surprised to see a ceramic installation in front of the check out desk. It is by Xiaoping Luo and the piece is called Meeting. It is ceramic porcelain playing cards arranged in rows creating positive and negative space that makes for a interesting piece.










No comments: